sports coach UK believes that coaching should be at the heart of sport. The organisation is committed to driving the development of sports coaching in the UK – resulting in Excellent Coaching, Every Time for Everyone – and leading more people playing and enjoying sport.
To do this we: –
- champion and drive policy and investment in coaching
- support and challenge our partners to improve their coaching systems in order to achieve their objectives
- provide products and services to support our Partners and their coaches
- provide research and share good practice that will benefit coaching
- ensure an effective UK coaching agency through quality leadership, good governance and a skilled team.
In England, we support 46 national governing bodies of sport and 49 county sports partnerships. In Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales Ireland and Wales, we work with the three Home Country Sports Councils. View our strategy summary.
We are a registered charity, employing 50 staff members, based at our Headquarters in Leeds and other sites across England.